How to Clean Jewelry – Simple Tips
Use these simple, basic guidelines for the care and cleaning of your fine jewelry:
Check out our Jewelry Gift Guide 2024 for the trendiest jewelry gifts.
Caring for Your Jewelry
- Store your jewelry in a clean, dry place.
- Keep your jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry case, or in a box with compartments and dividers. If you prefer to use ordinary boxes, wrap each piece individually in soft tissue paper.
- Don’t jumble your jewelry pieces in a drawer or jewelry case. Pieces can scratch each other.
How to clean Jewelry
- You can clean jewelry at home using a simple method, as explained in this article: How to Clean Jewelry at Home. Be careful when removing your jewelry to wash your hands. Do not leave your jewelry on the rim of a sink where it can easily slip down the drain.
- You can also use a jewelry cleaning machine. There are many types of small jewelry cleaning machines on the market that will clean jewelry in a matter of minutes using high-frequency sound. These machines are called ultrasonic jewelry cleaners and are available in many different models and prices.
- How to Clean Jewelry at Home
- Best Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner
- Amethyst Cleaning Guide
- Garnet Cleaning Guide
Source: Jewelers of America
Last Updated on March 19, 2023 by JewelryNStyle
Looking for the perfect gift idea this holiday season? Try this free Gift Suggestion Tool. Giftly.ai is an intuitive tool personalizes gift suggestions based on a person's interests and your budget, streamlining your shopping experience. Try it now, and experience the ease of finding the ideal gift in seconds!
We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
All content is strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or other expert advice.