How to Clean Jewelry – Simple Tips
Use these simple, basic guidelines for the care and cleaning of your fine jewelry:
Caring for Your Jewelry
- Store your jewelry in a clean, dry place.
- Keep your jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry case, or in a box with compartments and dividers. If you prefer to use ordinary boxes, wrap each piece individually in soft tissue paper.
- Don’t jumble your jewelry pieces in a drawer or jewelry case. Pieces can scratch each other.
How to clean Jewelry
- You can clean jewelry at home using a simple method, as explained in this article: How to Clean Jewelry at Home. Be careful when removing your jewelry to wash your hands. Do not leave your jewelry on the rim of a sink where it can easily slip down the drain.
- You can also use a jewelry cleaning machine. There are many types of small jewelry cleaning machines on the market that will clean jewelry in a matter of minutes using high-frequency sound. These machines are called ultrasonic jewelry cleaners and are available in many different models and prices.
- How to Clean Jewelry at Home
- Best Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner
- Amethyst Cleaning Guide
- Garnet Cleaning Guide
Source: Jewelers of America
Last Updated on March 19, 2023 by JewelryNStyle